j2-donohue2

Why is my child not showing up as an eligible dependent on my taxes? She fits all the boxes

Was she born in 2020?  Is the other parent claiming the child ? 

Hal_Al

If she fits all the boxes, you’ve entered something wrong. In the personal Info section, for the dependent, you must select answers that indicate that he/she is your dependent child. If the child was born during the year, say he/she lived with you all year (note: TurboTax changed how this section is done a few years ago, you may need to go thru the interview again or even delete your dependent and start over). If the child was with you for 6 months and 1 day, you need to mark that the child was with you 7 months. 

The interview for divorces and separated parents is particularly complicated. Read carefully.

That said, you may be wrong about her qualifying.  What are the details of "She fits all the boxes"?

mesquitebean

There's also a support question that's kind of tricky, since it's asked from the viewpoint of the child and might be misinterpreted if read too quickly.

It's wanting to know if the child provided more than 50% of his/her own support.   The screen is titled "We know [child name] is a kid, but we have to ask: Did he/she pay for most of his/her living expenses?"