Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8995A still unavailable?

THIS IS REALLY UPSETTING. I'm still missing 8995A as well as Schedule C. Update says I'm up to date (both manual and auto), TT says I'm missing 2 forms and can't file. What do I do now?????????????????????

It says I'm still waiting on earned income, schedule c, as well as form 8863.It's also saying that I'm up-to-date while also saying that I missing forms and cannot file yet.

It says that I'm still waiting on schedule c, earned education credits, 8 8294 business expense, 8995, and form 540 California. This may very well be the last year that I used TurboTax

Seems it got passed the issue with the unavailable form today, but now it's turned into a new issue: it says that e-filing is not available because of this QBI deduction and that I'll need to file on paper. Seriously?!

Hopefully, this is still a point in time thing as they get their act together after the final form became available...

Here is the complete message for the record:

We Won't Be Able to E-file Your Return

It looks like you have a form or tax situation in your federal return that TurboTax doesn't support for e-filing. We do support it for filing by mail.

Here are the details:

You have QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B - Aggregation of Business Operations, in this return.

Don't worry, even though you are unable to e-file your return, we'll still help you file your return by mail.

Good news - Form 8995A is now available, with no "Do Not File" limitation, in 2019 TurboTax for Windows.

Now it's saying that earn income credit, child tax credit 8812, and 8863 education credits are not ready, also California resident income tax return form 540

I get the same message. Just print the 50 pages and mail them yourself should not be the solution when the form is available to e-file!!

If it was going to be all of this, TurboTax could have just said then it won't be ready to file until March. If I don't hear anything by Monday, looks like I'll be just printing everything myself. I individually looked up all of those forms and they are all available on the IRS website. (NOT DRAFTS)

corbyjones
Returning Member

On my K-1 for form 1120s in box 17 it still only says "V* - STMT".  Is anyone else getting this or know how to fix?  

My forms are still unavailable, and no updates available either. 

@Earlyblakem1 wrote:

Now it's saying that earn income credit, child tax credit 8812, and 8863 education credits are not ready, also California resident income tax return form 540

IRS Forms 8812 and 8863 are available - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

California Form 540 is available - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_ca_online_individual.html

If you are using one of the TurboTax desktop editions on a Windows based PC and have updated your software to the latest release and are seeing the IRS forms as not yet available, then manually update the software.  See this - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

If you are using the TurboTax online web based editions, sign off of TurboTax.  Clear cache and cookies on your web browser.  Close the web browser.  Relaunch the web browser.  Sign onto your TurboTax account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

If the forms still show unavailable, then change your web browser.

My desktop software automatically updated when I launched the program and now 8995A is available and the appropriate blanks are filled in.  However, I'm still getting the message that I'm unable to E-file.  It says, "You have QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B - Aggregation of Business Operations, in this return."

Now what the heck???

I owe this year so I'd like to try and save a few bucks and the hassle of having to mail my tax documents in.  Arrrrgh

I eagerly waited until today; however, only to find out that I do not qualify for QBI deduction. This I had clearly suspected based on available hard copy of 8995a. So now instead of "DO NOT FILE", the new and improved TT form leaves the form blank. 

Why did they ask me to wait and "do not file" when it was pretty clear that I did not need to?

Unable to manually update downloaded version. Error message says I don't have Turbotax 2019 installed. I do have it installed an I am using it!😡

IRS website now states the form 8995 will be available 2/28.  I confirmed that date with turbo tax and HR block.  We just wait apparently....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies