klinkat3

Why do my federal tax forms say do not file when printed. I've already filed through turbo tax and they have been accepted by IRS. Is there a problem?

MeganS

The message DO NOT FILE or DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL will appear on your printout if:

• The paper-filed (print) version of the tax form has not yet been finalized in TurboTax; or
  • Your federal return was printed before e-filing; or
  • Your state return was printed before your federal return was accepted by the IRS; or
  • The form is available but you haven't downloaded the latest update (CD/download versions only).

In some cases, clicking the Download all forms and worksheets link (instead of Download/print return) in your 2017 Tax Timeline will give you clean printouts without the watermark.

klinkat3

I still don't understand. They have already been sent to irs by turbo tax. Why do they say do not file. I'm confused.

There is a mistake. My forms have already been accepted by the ins and state, for more than 2 weeks and it still says "do not file. please fix. 

EbonyA

@secondbornsonben Please take a look at the following FAQ: Do not file, form not final.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing