turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

klinkat3

Why do my federal tax forms say do not file when printed. I've already filed through turbo tax and they have been accepted by IRS. Is there a problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MeganS

Why do my federal tax forms say do not file when printed. I've already filed through turbo tax and they have been accepted by IRS. Is there a problem?

The message DO NOT FILE or DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL will appear on your printout if:

• The paper-filed (print) version of the tax form has not yet been finalized in TurboTax; or
  • Your federal return was printed before e-filing; or
  • Your state return was printed before your federal return was accepted by the IRS; or
  • The form is available but you haven't downloaded the latest update (CD/download versions only).

In some cases, clicking the Download all forms and worksheets link (instead of Download/print return) in your 2017 Tax Timeline will give you clean printouts without the watermark.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300737

klinkat3

I still don't understand. They have already been sent to irs by turbo tax. Why do they say do not file. I'm confused.

There is a mistake. My forms have already been accepted by the ins and state, for more than 2 weeks and it still says "do not file. please fix. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@secondbornsonben Please take a look at the following FAQ: Do not file, form not final.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies