turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bhaney78

Why didn’t the IRS receive my health insurance form when I filled it out and filed with my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Why didn’t the IRS receive my health insurance form when I filled it out and filed with my taxes?

Did you enter the Form 1095-A on your intial return? All forms are e-filed at the same time.

bhaney78

Yes ma’am I entered everything and even triple checked myself before submitting it. I’m not seeing anything about it when I go back and look at my return now. But this is the first time I’ve ever had an issue and the hold up on my taxes has caused so many issues. 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

They are looking for a Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit.  

To enter the Form 1095-A to create the Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit.  Here are the steps:

• Open up your program,
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in "health insurance" and Enter
  • Select Jump to health insurance
  • Follow prompts

Also, you should be asked to upgrade to the Deluxe edition in order to file a Form 8962.  

@bhaney78

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bhaney78

I’ve already filled out the forms and faxed them to the IRS, but I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem with it? I’m just hoping it doesn’t take the full 6-8 weeks to get them back

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS is only agency that can address the timetable.  Once you have complied wait a few weeks and contact them with the number on your letter to get an update.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies