bhaney78

Why didn’t the IRS receive my health insurance form when I filled it out and filed with my taxes?

ColeenD3

Did you enter the Form 1095-A on your intial return? All forms are e-filed at the same time.

bhaney78

Yes ma’am I entered everything and even triple checked myself before submitting it. I’m not seeing anything about it when I go back and look at my return now. But this is the first time I’ve ever had an issue and the hold up on my taxes has caused so many issues. 

LinaJ2020

They are looking for a Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit.  

To enter the Form 1095-A to create the Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit.  Here are the steps:

• Open up your program,
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in "health insurance" and Enter
  • Select Jump to health insurance
  • Follow prompts

Also, you should be asked to upgrade to the Deluxe edition in order to file a Form 8962.  

@bhaney78

bhaney78

I’ve already filled out the forms and faxed them to the IRS, but I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem with it? I’m just hoping it doesn’t take the full 6-8 weeks to get them back

DMarkM1

The IRS is only agency that can address the timetable.  Once you have complied wait a few weeks and contact them with the number on your letter to get an update.