turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stevesoll

Why did the cost of turbo tax change?

I signed up for turbo tax premiere on Jan 20th and it was only $55.00. That was with a $15.00 discount from Fidelity. Original price = 70.00 - 15.00 = 55.00. Now they are trying to charge $75.00 stating that the original price for Premiere is $90.00. Obviously bate and switch.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

The price is determined at the time you file or pay.  You can pay early to lock in the lower price.

stevesoll

I am not seeing that stated anywhere. Very deceptive. I could have bought a “in the box” product for $59 at the same time and the price of the inbox item wouldn’t have changed, why should the online version?

The Online version and the Desktop program are different and are priced differently. You can't compare Online to Desktop.  The Desktop program has different features and actually more advantages than Online. 

Also in the Desktop program there is a 19.99 fee to efile a state return which does increase to 24.99 the same time (March 1) the online versions increase. 

And the Online prices did not "increase".  The early discounted prices expired.  And you can always find better prices for the Desktop CD/Download program in the stores.  

Early bird discounts end on March 1.  It happens every year.  And the pricing is very different for the desktop software --- which is better in many ways if your computer meets the system requirements.  Try it next time.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
stevesoll

So here’s the problem with that. It wasn’t listed as an early bird discount or had nothing stated about early bird price.  The price was offered as a special price for being a Fidelity customer.  If it happens every year then why didn’t it happened last year when I didn’t file till the end of March? Again very misleading very deceptive. It’s not that hard to list that it’s an early bird price right on the site in normal lettering with a date that tells people this price will only be good until this date. That did not happen and I’ve never seen it on any site that I’ve looked. I took a screenshot of the entire page when I signed up and nowhere listed on the site mentions early bird discount. It’s really the principle of the matter and I’ve always been put off with companies that feel they have to be deceptive to their customers in order to get a sale.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies