Christie

Why can't TT fix my for SE-T that is incorrectly showing farm income when I do not have a farm, not did I claim farm income last year? I spent forever on the phone=nada.

I did my federal review and it was prompting me to add the dollar amount of my net income from March 27-Dec. 31st to line 18 (not sure why as this is the deferral section and I am not deferring se tax). This is a separate issue.

Anyway, looking at the form I also noticed it is reflecting the farm income option instead of the non-farm income option. I called Turbotax and was on the phone for 34 minutes. We went over the section about farm income to make sure it was not selected. We deleted the form SE-T. It did not fix the issue. She then got her supervisor involved
Christie

It cut off the rest of what I wrote...

The supervisor was not able to delete the form. I was told it must be that I filed farm last year (in error). I was given options to resolve, one of which was paying $45 to talk to a tax professional. Another was starting over (yikes!) I told her I would first look at my tax return from last year. I looked at my 2019 tax year's SE and it correctly had my income listed as non-farm income......

So, where do I go from here? 

Christie

I ended up STARTING OVER after literally trying everything I could think of to fix the problem, including following a solution someone had posted on another thread. 

SO, guess what? After staying up to 3AM my time entering everything in again, it is still reflecting the error! I did not do anything in that section! That leads me to believe this is a TT glitch. I went over my tax forms from prior year 2019 AGAIN and I had non-farm income and NO farm income accidentally reported (Also, no Sch F, which I would have if I had accidentally posted farm income).  I guess if I want to file my taxes I'm going to have to go outside of Turbotax!  I seriously hope this is not a widespread error because if it is it will mess up a lot of people who might not catch it on the SE-T form.