Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thed11682

Why are my emails under my deadname still? I updated my name on my account a couple years ago now the name in my emails isnt even my legal name and it bothers me.

The name on my account and everything when I file is Trinity, but for some reason when I get emails from TurboTax it says (Insert deadname here)
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why are my emails under my deadname still? I updated my name on my account a couple years ago now the name in my emails isnt even my legal name and it bothers me.

@thed11682 

1)  First, log into your "Online" tax file.

2)  Then go to the lower left corner of the screen and click on "Intuit Account"

3)  Then, click on "Profile" to change your name there.

That should do it,

.....unless you have multiple TurboTax accounts, for which you would need to do the same thing for each one.

You can also change your contact "Preferences" in the Intuit Account screens to stop getting all kinds of promotional emails from TurboTax

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

The problem may be that the Turbotax web site has one place to list your name and email preferences, but this support web site has a separate set of name and email preferences.  The marketing department may have a third list that can't be directly updated.  You might try using the "unsubscribe" link in any emails that have the wrong name, and then if you find you are missing important information, re-subscribe and double-check the settings.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies