turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clarkd23

While entering 1099-B, the maximum value for Total proceeds and Total cost basis, is 9999999.99. I have an amount larger. Can I use your product to complete taxs?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

While entering 1099-B, the maximum value for Total proceeds and Total cost basis, is 9999999.99. I have an amount larger. Can I use your product to complete taxs?

Yes, you can. 

TurboTax limits the number of digits in data entry fields to nine, including the cents figures to the right of the decimal point. To get around this,  break the transaction down into two or three equal transactions with identical information.

Related information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So pretty much if it is a much higher vaule, I can just divide the total number by  8 or 9. So in total i will enter 8 or 9 transactions that should equal to your original high number?

Ex: 62,222,222 (too high of value) / 9 = 6,913,580.22 

So i would enter this number of 6,913,580.22 9 times? correct?

Thanks

If you have amounts that high you really should be going to a CPA or tax professional to do your taxes.  62 Million?

No thats not how much I have. Not even close. I day traded a lot of different stocks. The clearing company i have counts all trades as proceeds. So last year i had about 2 million in proceeds but i only had about 30k in my account. it's just i traded alot thats why. Same goes for this year. I traded even more so the proceeds are at 62 mil. but my account is only about 40k.

Same here too bad my algorithm didn't make enough to afford a tax professional that would deal with 7,000 transactions!

only wash sales need to be itemized on form 8949. The rest can be summarized on Schedule D Line 1a

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies