Where do I enter a 1099-B?
Form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions) reports the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities.
Here's where you enter or import your 1099-B in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) your return if it's not already open.
- In TurboTax, search for 1099-B or 1099B (lower-case also works) and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you sell any investments in 2016?
- If you see Here's the investment sales info we have so far, click or tap Add More Sales.
- If you're in Free Edition or Online Deluxe, follow the instructions to upgrade to Premier.
- Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
- At Choose your bank or brokerage or Let Us Enter Your Investment Sale Info, select how you want to enter your 1099-B (import or type it in yourself).
- Follow the onscreen instructions.