screaming banshee

Which turbo tax do I need to use when reporting SSDI income?

GiseleD

The version you will need will depend on any other types of income/expenses you need to report and tax forms you need to file. Click here for pricing. You can start off in the free version, and TurboTax will notify you if you need to upgrade. 

If you only get SSDI it is not taxable and you do not have to file a return.  And there is no benefit in claiming dependents or deductions.   Unless you have federal income taxes withheld from the benefits or you get health care insurance through one of the state marketplace exchanges or from healthcare.gov and receive a Form 1095-A then you need to file a tax return.

screaming banshee

Would that mean I would be able to use the same Turbotax product that we usually use?  I am married and my husband works, we own our home so we itemize already, the only change we have to our situation is that I'm now receiving SSDI.

Oh, you are married?  Then you have to report all your income including the SSDI.  Yes you still file Joint and use the same version you used before.  You get a SSA-1099 for the SSDI.

Up to 85% of Social Security becomes taxable when all your other income plus 1/2 your social security, reaches:

Married Filing Jointly: $32,000

Single or head of household: $25,000

Married Filing Separately: 0