turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Which program do I need? I got a divorce this past year and need to be sure everything that got finalized with that is prompted in the program I use. I moved states

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Which program do I need? I got a divorce this past year and need to be sure everything that got finalized with that is prompted in the program I use. I moved states

You have not mentioned what kind of income you received in 2019--that is the most important factor in deciding which version of the software you need.  Your marital/filing status does not determine which version of the software for you to use.  Are you a W-2 employee or are you self-employed?  Did you have investment income or rental income?  

Here is a link to the online products which you should review to see what fits your situation best:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Just start with the Free edition and upgrade to the Deluxe edition if required.

If you previously used the TurboTax online editions filing as Married Filing Jointly, then you need to start a new account since you are now Single.

Go to the online website click on Start for Free on the Free edition and create a new account (do NOT sign onto the account with your previous User ID that was used for the joint account)

Manage cookies