turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where in Turbo Tax can I verify that my electronic payment to the IRS went through?

I received notice that my taxes where filed and accepted by the IRS, and I paid electronically a month ago. However, it still has not been debited from my account. I do not know where in Turbo Tax it shows that I actually submitted payment.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Where in Turbo Tax can I verify that my electronic payment to the IRS went through?

If you selected Direct Debit from your bank account to pay the Federal taxes owed, that information was sent with your e-filed federal tax return.

Look at the Federal Information Worksheet in Part V.  The bank name, routing number, account number and the date you selected to pay the taxes owed will be entered.  If you did not select Direct Debit from your bank account then nothing will be in Part V.  Look on your Federal Filing Instruction page for how you selected to pay the Federal taxes owed.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

For the State taxes owed the same type of information will be on the State Information Worksheet in Part V of the worksheet and on the State Filing Instructions page.

Turbotax is not notified as to whether or not the payment went through.

Manage cookies