gen1916

Where in TT do I indicate that the irs can talk with another person about my tax retur?

rjs

There is no way to enter a third-party designee in TurboTax Online. It can only be entered using the CD/Download TurboTax software. There is no place to enter it in the interview. It has to be entered in forms mode, which is only available in the CD or download TurboTax software, not in TurboTax Online.

rjs

abelkiser

I TRIED TO ENTER A THIRD PARTY DESIGNEE with my cd version BUT THE SYSTEM WOULD NOT LET ME OVERRIDE THE "NO" AND CHANGE THE ANSWER TO "YES".  What's up with that???

@abelkiser wrote:

In Forms mode, open the Federal Information Worksheet (Info Wks).  Scroll down to Part VI.  Enter the Third Party Designee

rnemeth

In Forms mode you have to click on the little magnifying glass symbol next to Name box. That will open another page where you can click on YES and enter your name and other info

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~