elifeli1

Where do I report freelance income without receiving a 1099-Misc because profit was $440?

How do I report freelance income that I need to pay taxes on without receiving a 1099-misc since I didn't earn over $600? I don't have the employers information so how should I go about doing this? im using free file by the way.

Carl

Freelance income is considered self-employment income. You'll report it on SCH C as a part of your personal 1040 tax return. A 1099-MISC is *NOT* required.

Are you in the IRS Free File website or the regular Turbo Tax Free Edition?  You enter it as CASH or General income.  You don't need to get a 1099Misc.

If you are in the Free Edition you will have to upgrade.  You can enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Self Employed version.

How to enter self employment income
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/self-employed/help/how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment/00/...

In case you need to switch to the Free File website..........

The Turbo Tax Free File program which is free for federal and state. And has more forms than the Federal Free Edition, like Schedules A, B, C , D, E, F, EIC, H, K-1, SE, etc.

To qualify for the Free File website you just need to meet one of these 3 things
AGI $36,000 or less
Active duty military with AGI of $69,000 or less
OR qualify for EIC (earned income credit.)

In order to use the Free File program, you have to start it at a special website. If you use the sign in button at the top it may keep your entries so you don't have to start over https://freefile.intuit.com