turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I get the answer for form 2210A1 page 4?

When doing Federal Check, the program asked for amounts to fill in form 2210A1 page 4.  What is going on?  If I entered the data correctly, Turbo Tax should be able to complete this form automatically.  I have never been required to enter this data before and it is the same as last year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LisaBr

You can delete this form and this will help you move on to complete your filing. 

Form 2210 is IRS form that relates to Underpayment of Estimated taxes.  You are not required to complete it since the IRS will figure the penalty, if any, and let you know if you owe anything additionally. 

Here's how to Delete a form:

1.  Go to Tax Tools (on bottom left-hand side of screen)

2.  Select Tools (expanded box will appear in the middle of your screen)

3.  Choose Delete a Form

4.  Find Form 2210 and select to Delete

5.  As a step to be sure the form has been deleted, run through step 4 once more to be sure that form was deleted as well as any related worksheets or forms. 

TurboTax is a computer program that picks up on information from the interview sections and sometimes what is entered there generates issues that can not be removed during the interview session.  It becomes "written in stone".  In order to correct, we must delete as forms along with worksheets and related forms. 

This should resolve your issue.  I've attached a link to the actual form so you can verify that the IRS does not require completion.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2210.pdf

[Edited 02.14.18  3:24 PM EST]

View solution in original post

32 Replies
mixter-1

I'm having the same problem with form 2210A1 page 4.

When I do an error check it comes up with this form not filled out on line 1 and 4 needing figures.

I don't think I have to make entries to this form and I also feel I have made all my entries correct the program should fill in the data automatically.  POSSIBLE SOFTWARE PROBLEM !!!  Need Help!
restubbs

i just read a comment by someone that suggested deleting form 2210 because it's not required to be filed and the irs will let you know the penalty and presumably pay them after this notification.  i'll do this before filing if no satisfactory answer received by then
LisaBr

You can delete this form and this will help you move on to complete your filing. 

Form 2210 is IRS form that relates to Underpayment of Estimated taxes.  You are not required to complete it since the IRS will figure the penalty, if any, and let you know if you owe anything additionally. 

Here's how to Delete a form:

1.  Go to Tax Tools (on bottom left-hand side of screen)

2.  Select Tools (expanded box will appear in the middle of your screen)

3.  Choose Delete a Form

4.  Find Form 2210 and select to Delete

5.  As a step to be sure the form has been deleted, run through step 4 once more to be sure that form was deleted as well as any related worksheets or forms. 

TurboTax is a computer program that picks up on information from the interview sections and sometimes what is entered there generates issues that can not be removed during the interview session.  It becomes "written in stone".  In order to correct, we must delete as forms along with worksheets and related forms. 

This should resolve your issue.  I've attached a link to the actual form so you can verify that the IRS does not require completion.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2210.pdf

[Edited 02.14.18  3:24 PM EST]

mixter-1

Thank you for your help. Please understand I purchase Turbo Tax not to worry if the IRS should assess a penalty latter by just deleting the form.

I'm counting on the reliability of the program doing the proper work. I read the IRS document you have provided and don't understand it and don't feel I need to for purchasing this product to put in the figures for me.   

If I can't get a proper answer why the program is not computing what it needs to do. I feel a refund is the way to go. I could pay an accountant to do my taxes and not pay for a program as my return is quite simple this year.
Kimberly F
Expert Alumni

See my answer below to fix the issue
cjraecker

When I go to the forms list, 2210 does not exist to delete!  Having the same issue

I am having the same Issue.  I am using the TT Premier product and when I go to the tools tab there is no option to "Delete a Form".  How to I access that option to address this software glitch?
dwang

I cannot locate "Tax File" and "Tax Tools" to delete form 2210! Turbotax is disappointed me this year after over 20 years of using this products.

I agree, I have used TT for years and considered it the gold standard, but I was greatly let down by how much the quality has tanked this year.  I ran into three software glitches with my simple filing for 2017: this Form 2210A1 error; the Educational Expense error, and the 1099-DIV Box 6d flaw.  Look at this 2210 glitch, its been going on for over a month and TT hasn't yet taken responsibility or the initiative to fix it. Not sure why TT isn't addressing its software problems more responsibly, it would have saved many of us frustration and wasted time.  The most frustrating thing is trying to contact them to let them know these issues exist, only to learn no one is home and then getting redirected to the Community for help.  The

Community is a great source for answers but shouldn't (and can't) be the solution for TT software glitches.
This year I feel like I paid TT to provide a little extra aggravation at tax time.  Perhaps some refund amount is due to those that have run aground on Intuit TT errors.

Companies that show such a lack of consideration for their customers usually do not last long.  Perhaps Intuit was trying to see how much it could save by cutting back on software development/management costs, but whatever the reason it does not bode well for next year.  This was a fairly simple, routine tax year.  How is Intuit going to successfully handle the big changes coming down the pike for 2018.  Not sure I want to find out.
dwang

I was able to delete Form 2210 on my Mac by simply selected 20101A then hit the delete button! Apple Mac made it so easy! The check for error is also gone! Now I am ready to file my  tax return but I am not happy with Turbotax this year after over 20 years of using the products.  I really hope  Turbotax will work harder for its customers in the future!!!!

I am using TT Home and Business this year and at the very end there is a place to rate TT (1-5 stars). Whether they look at that or pay any attention to it is anybody's guess. But, at least we can let them know what we think about their unwillingness to fix the problems they have to be aware of.

Thanks, I'm going to open TT back up and leave a review.  The more of us that do that, the better.  Perhaps a little more feedback will raise Intuit's attention enough to move these software items onto their radar screen.

TurboTax sucks this year. Cannot delete or edit this unnecessary Form 2210.

The 2210 was being populated with data and printing for no reason since it did not apply this year due to a refund and adequate quarterly estimates. The error message I got was to uncheck a box that the system had checked relating to the part having to do with applying for a waiver of the underpayment penalty. Once I unchecked the box (again, which the system automatically checked) the error code went away and so did the 2210. I found the checked box in Forms View and overrode it to uncheck the box. As I recall it had to do with the 85% test.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies