turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lgvannaar

Where do I fine my payer's ID number?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

The Payer is whomever issued the document to you (W-2, 1099, etc).  Look at the form you have, it will show the payers information at the top.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Your payer/employer's ID # is on your W2 in box b.

Check Box B on your W-2. That box should be right above the employer's name/address box. If you still don't see it, you can leave that field blank and manually enter your W-2 information. In that instance, you won't be able to e-file, but you can still file a paper return by mail. Otherwise, see below for other means of getting that Employer ID. 

Here are some other places you may find your Employer Identification Number: EIN

• Last year's W-2—if you're working for the same employer and kept a copy of your W-2 (Copy C).
  • Your employer's payroll, human resources, or accounting department.
  • Online—if your company is publicly-traded (has a stock symbol).
    • Search for your company's annual report (Form 10-K).
    • The EIN will be labeled IRS Employer Identification No. and is usually on the first page. (This might not work if your employer has multiple EINs.)

How do I find my Employer Identification Number (EIN)?

From <https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4227634-i-dont-see-the-employers-id-on-pay-stub-what-should-i-do

Where do I find the payer’s I’d number 

@Springtime2023 wrote:

Where do I find the payer’s I’d number 

On which form?

@Springtime2023 You have not told us what tax document you are entering so we do not know if the document you are entering even has a payer ID on it.  Provide some details.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

1099-R

1040-SR

Well I am doing my taxes myself this year and this is the second time it was rejected because of the Payer’s I D number 

So could someone tell me where to find it

@Springtime2023 wrote:

So could someone tell me where to find it

On a Form 1099-R the Payer's TIN is on the left side of the form under the Payer's Name and Address.  In a box labeled Payer's TIN.

IRS Form 1099-R - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099r.pdf

@Springtime2023 1099R's come from a variety of financial institutions---they do not all look exactly the same.  Look for a Payer Identification Number or a Payer TIN or a Payer ID----they are usually---but not always----up near the top of the document, somewhere near the name of financial institution that sent you the document.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies