Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Where do I enter income from election poll duty?

1 Reply
New Member

Where do I enter income from election poll duty?

If you have received a W-2 for election /poll income, then you must report it as such.  If you have not received the Form W-2, then you should not have received more than $1,600 in compensation and the amount should be reported as Other Income.

Please follow the steps below to enter Poll/Election income:

  1. Federal Taxes 
  2. Wages & Income
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income
  4. Select Miscellaneous Income
  5. Select Other Reportable Income - enter Description (Poll or Election), enter the amount

Note: If you have received more than $1600 and no W-2 was issued, please contact the agency you worked for.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies