Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where do I enter Box#6 domestic production activities deduction from form 1099 PATR on the 1040 2018 tax return?

This is good, but while everything flows correctly, I still can't fill out the rest of form 8903 using TurboTax Premier Windows Desktop.  Is there a trick for that?  Can I e-file?
gbirchler22
Returning Member

Where do I enter Box#6 domestic production activities deduction from form 1099 PATR on the 1040 2018 tax return?

Very good Intuit! I just e-filed both Fed & State. Other than the small work around suggested by ZiggyZ (thank you!) Form 8903 worked well and was included with my e-file return. I appreciate the software update and maintaining the confidence I have in using your product and service.

On my 8903, only line 23 is fillable.  Is that not the case for you?  I am using TurboTax Premier on Windows.  What are you using?  Thanks.
gbirchler22
Returning Member

Not sure as I only needed line 23. I'm using TT Deluxe.
nrandell
Returning Member

I'm on Desktop version deluxe.  In my form 4835 there is an entry box labeled Domestic Production Activities Deduction with options for tax year before Jan 1, 2018 and after Dec 31,2017.  I don't think both tax years options were available in the 8903 method.  Anyway, I'm entering my value in the "after Dec 31,2017" line and it appears to calculate.  Is there a problem with this method?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies