Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will the 2021 8915-f form be available on Turbo Tax to efile?

I'm right there with you. If I didn't already put in all my Federal and State information, I'd use a different tax company. I don't want to do everything all over again.

they didnt have it in january because the form wasnt finalized by the IRS until mid february....

cjob
Level 5

@ed125   

Only other date I've seen is 3/31.  Last year's 8915-E was end of February and it came a week or so earlier.

I used Free Tax and got my federal 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for NYS, along with most other folks. Best part of Free Tax was it cost me less than $20. I was spending over a $100 on TurboTax. Ridiculous.

I have all my info in freetaxusa as well I want to file with them but I'm so nervous it will hold my return up because my mom filed with TT last year after always using a different service but because of Covid I did for her she filed in April didn't get return until August. And ive used TT for 10 yrs 

Isn't March 31 pushing it a bit close to the federal due date for tax filing of April 1? That's ridiculous, as far as I'm concerned, especially with the cost of the Turbo Tax efiling products. Not really acceptable. 

@jennict1 wrote:

Isn't March 31 pushing it a bit close to the federal due date for tax filing of April 1? That's ridiculous, as far as I'm concerned, especially with the cost of the Turbo Tax efiling products. Not really acceptable. 

It has been moved up a week.

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 03/24/2022

Also filing is usually April 15th or next working day after that.

KDT78

April 1?  You mean 18?

sewell907
Returning Member

Carlygillock i dont see anywhere that says form 8195-f. Can you tell me how to navigate to it? maybe if TT sees people helping others on a different platform they will pick it up and get everything uploaded. They are just being lazy. 

@Stoney09  I think you’ll be fine! I filed with freetaxUSA this year ; after 12 years filing with TT . I got my return 10 days after filing! No delay. I really hate that I had to leave TT but it was worth it ! I’ll probably be back next year with TT bc I trust it and it’s easier to use. 

I would like to thank TurboTax for the fine products they offer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@General Talia and yet the company had sales of $9.633 billion last year ( a little over 4 times more than Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo combined), big foreheads and all. 

I picture a Fortune 500 company providing the best service possible to their customers, despite a pandemic and government stimulus which has led to a nationwide labor shortage.

I trust they are tackling their outstanding tasks in a systematic manner in order to turn the biggest profit possible so they can deliver to their shareholders.

That's what I picture.

The ad hominem attacks and insults cheapen any argument for me, @General Talia. If it were me, I would stick to criticizing actions rather than appearance if I wanted to be taken seriously 

@Anonymous IMO equally as absurd is viewing a fortune 500 company's annual sales from the prior year to market understanding and performance this year. Also, the programmers and developers probably don't see much of that enormous sales revenue reflected in their salary. I seriously doubt any job of that nature is commission-based.

And lastly, "providing the best service possible to their customers" is objectively incorrect. Instead, the best service that they as a company can provide is a more accurate declaration. It has been proven that other companies can provide better service to customers' needs in regard to the 8915-f form being available to e-file.

All this being said, what I've disputed is only what you picture, which is the same as an opinion. I would simply state your opinion and our reality are on different astral planes :).

399614DLG

As of March 12 the IRS site includes form 8915-F, which seems to NOT be a draft.

The TurboTax software is NOT directing me to that form or to entry of the relevant information.  It is telling me that nothing is available beyond 8915-E and that I'll be notified when that's been replaced.

How do I complete my tax forms in the TurboTax software, including 8915-F and the relevant calculations?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies