Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dzine07

When will form Form 8936-A be available? I'm unable to file until this is released or put into the Turbotax system. This form pertains to the electric vehicle credit.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

When will form Form 8936-A be available? I'm unable to file until this is released or put into the Turbotax system. This form pertains to the electric vehicle credit.

The IRS Form 8936 and Form 8936-A Clean Vehicle Credit for tax year 2023 has not been finalized in TurboTax.

The form is scheduled to be available on 02/21/2024.

Go to this TurboTax website for forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Form 8936 and the related one for Schedule A are currently projected to become available on February 21, 2024.

As @DoninGA noted, many forms are still in process. This is primarily due to late changes in the tax laws from Congress and state legislatures, and then to policies, regulations, and forms as developed by the IRS and the state tax agencies. TurboTax and other software providers then have to reprogram and test their products.

To find out when a specific form is expected to be available, use this tool. Select your TurboTax product, 1040 Individual, and US Federal or the appropriate state from the drop-down menus. Enter the form or schedule name in the search box.

@Dzine07 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies