beasley-Belinda

When using my last paystub to file taxes would I use for my income the federal taxable wages year to date or is there another figure I would use?

Please do not try to use your pay stub to prepare your tax return.  It will not match the W-2 that you will get from your employer in just a few short weeks.  You employer has until the end of January to give you your W-2.  By waiting for your W-2 you will be able to file accurately.  If you try to guess what goes in the “boxes” and mess up your return, you will need to amend.  It takes about 4 months to amend a tax return.  The IRS is not accepting returns yet, so you can wait for your W-2.  

The IRS will not begin accepting returns until January 29.  They will not even begin issuing refunds until mid to late February.  You have time to wait for your W-2 so that you can file accurately.

Coleen3

First of all, the IRS severely frowns on this idea. They want you to use your official W-2. One reason is the figures on the paycheck stub can be harder to decipher. Do the wages still have my benefits included? A wrong guess means you will have to amend.