june6

When processing my Illinois state return, they made a change and are sending a letter explaining the change. Is there usually any further action on my side?

LisaBr

No, you don't need to take any further action right now. 

Once you get the letter from the state, if there is something to do, the letter will let you know. 

Usually, it's just a matter of moving on to the next year.

LisaBr

june6

Ok thanks.  "moving on to the next year"  as in they adjusted for next year's filing?
LisaBr

No, it's really starting off with a clean slate for next year.  I've done returns where people forgot to give me a form and the Fed/State sent us a letter saying it wasn't included and they were adjusted that year's return.
epwtech14

Hey so what was the change??
amydennis7994

I got that same notification. What does it mean?
junehall6

Probably varies per person, but for me they made a change to my return and adjusted the refund amount.  Could mean they don't agree with a deduction you used or entry, amount etc.  If you disagree with the updated refund amount or change, you will have to provided a lot of supporting documents.
amydennis7994

So if I agree, do I need to call or will they just send my adjustment?
junehall6

If you agree, do nothing.  Only respond or send in supporting documents if you disagree.  
mrshatchet

How long did it take you before your refund was issued after getting that notice if that letter? I got the same message today.
amydennis7994

It took 3 days to get the letter. I have to send in documents on self employment. If you agree with the letter it says 4-6 weeks.