Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

When I try to save my turbo tax form to my file on my Mac it says that my file is locked. Then turbo tax as me if i want save it anyway? I click this box. Is my file saved or not and why does it say my file is locked?

Please see the information posted above by @macuser_22. If that solution does not work, please try reaching out to TurboTax customer support for assistance

@dcarrie

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I try to save my turbo tax form to my file on my Mac it says that my file is locked. Then turbo tax as me if i want save it anyway? I click this box. Is my file saved or not and why does it say my file is locked?

I think it did. So far anyway. Thanks

nandenco
Returning Member

Permission to set auto save and other file commands. It says "this file could not be autosaved. You do not have permission....." Help

nandenco
Returning Member

The file in not locked.

nandenco
Returning Member

change my previous question word from in to is.......my fine is not locked in the info screen of finder.   I just want control of managing my files...     TY

nandenco
Returning Member

Change fine to file in previous Post

You might be trying to save it to a location that your user does not have permissions to write to.  Try saving to your Desktop.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

after using turbo tax for several years, I now have this permissions problem, saving problem  using 2021 advantage on a MacBook pro

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@bermanlouis

mlichtsr

Unlocking the TurboTax Software in Mac Security and Privacy worked.  Thank you!!!

while TT kept telling me it couldnt save my return (to a thumb drive) it saved the files.  when it came time to efile - got the above error.  

[ANSWER] copied my TT file onto the hard drive; opened that file (had to enter all the efiling info again) and processed the return.  

both files show the same permissions, were never locked.  

attention: TT told me i need to upgrade MAC software to use it next year.  this old macbook cant go there so i'm scrambling to find a better solution. 

MikeWea

Was a solution ever found to this problem?  I am having the same issue with 2021 TurboTax for mac.

Hi MikeWea

There are many problems in getting TT to work flawlessly.  Intuit really doesn't seem to care and has never given me a solution to my problems.  They have existed for years but Intuit doesn't bear any responsibility for these problems.  I won't use the software anymore.  

If I remember correctly, the problem ( one of many) may be fixed by the following.

• Go to the Apple logo on the upper left part of your screen and select System Preferences 
  • Click on Security & Privacy.  Scroll down to Full Disc Access
  • Unlock (lower left corner) the page by putting in your password when asked for.  The little "lock" will open and let you add to the list on the right.
  • Click on +.  A screen will open up with all your applications.  Choose the TT application you want to add e.g. Turbo Tax 2021
  • Re-lock the Security & Privacy page. 

This may or may not work.  Try to save your TT file now.  You may have to restart your computer.

Good luck

pcp
Returning Member

Same problem!!! And I have already spent more than two hours with TurboTax help elevated to stage 2. m Unbelievably frustrating, since I may have to start all over again after working for hours!!!

Please see my reply to this problem on 3/22/2022.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies