turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I enter my spouse's 1099-NEC income into TurboTax, the income is mistakenly connected to me instead.

When I enter my spouse's 1099-NEC income into TurboTax, the program mistakenly changes the owner of this income to be me (instead of my spouse).  This appears to be a bug, as there is no way to enter 1099-NEC income for my spouse.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

When I enter my spouse's 1099-NEC income into TurboTax, the income is mistakenly connected to me instead.

The issue that you're experiencing is one that TurboTax is aware of and is currently working on resolving. In the meantime, the following thread offers a workaround: 1099-NEC - Software issue?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I'm having the same issue, do I am going to follow this thread if you don't mind.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known issue that TurboTax is currently working to resolve. Please click here for more information. You can sign up for updates by clicking here

Thank you for your response BrandiLO.  It looks like the link that you provided is a different bug than the one that I am running into.

My issue is that when I enter 1099-NEC information for my spouse, the info/income is then switched over to be under my name instead of hers, so there's no way to put the info under her name.

The link that you provided seems to be related to a different issue with a user being unable to link a 1099-NEC form in TurboTax online.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

The issue that you're experiencing is one that TurboTax is aware of and is currently working on resolving. In the meantime, the following thread offers a workaround: 1099-NEC - Software issue?

It looks like my issue has been fixed with the latest software patch.  Thank you for your answers and support!

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies