Solved: When I enter my spouse's 1099-NEC income into Turb...

mw100486

When I enter my spouse's 1099-NEC income into TurboTax, the income is mistakenly connected to me instead.

When I enter my spouse's 1099-NEC income into TurboTax, the program mistakenly changes the owner of this income to be me (instead of my spouse).  This appears to be a bug, as there is no way to enter 1099-NEC income for my spouse.

AshleyLO

The issue that you're experiencing is one that TurboTax is aware of and is currently working on resolving. In the meantime, the following thread offers a workaround: 1099-NEC - Software issue?

iamkch

I'm having the same issue, do I am going to follow this thread if you don't mind.

BrandiLO

This is a known issue that TurboTax is currently working to resolve. Please click here for more information. You can sign up for updates by clicking here

mw100486

Thank you for your response BrandiLO.  It looks like the link that you provided is a different bug than the one that I am running into.

My issue is that when I enter 1099-NEC information for my spouse, the info/income is then switched over to be under my name instead of hers, so there's no way to put the info under her name.

The link that you provided seems to be related to a different issue with a user being unable to link a 1099-NEC form in TurboTax online.

AshleyLO

mw100486

It looks like my issue has been fixed with the latest software patch.  Thank you for your answers and support!