Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mnunfME22

when I efiled second amendment on turbotax I got the error code FPYMT-071-01(I tried twice)

when I efiled second amendment on turbotax I got the error code FPYMT-071-01(requestedpaymentdt' in the IRS payment record must not be more than 5 days prior to the received date.  Don't understand what this means (an example would help) and  I don't know where to go in turbotax to fix this date, where do I go.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

when I efiled second amendment on turbotax I got the error code FPYMT-071-01(I tried twice)

what year 2023 or earlier?

for 2023 returns you may be filing amended returns to soon

the first amended return should not be filed before the original return is fully processed  - refund received or payment cashed

the second amended return should follow the same procedure - no filing until the first mended return is fully processed and refund received or payment cashed

if you are trying to use a direct debit. that won't work if you owe, payment must be by check

or using one of IRSs online payment methods.

mnunfME22

Thank you for your reply.  Here is my experience.  I finally figured out the federal tax payment date referred to was the date to process the payment of incremental amount of federal tax due from the amendment #2 (we owned nothing incrementally for amendment #1) from our bank account.  I put in 3/15/2023 instead of 3/15/2024.  Once I fixed the year, and tried to efile again I got a message from turbotax that the efiling was accepted. 

By the way, even though I efiled the original federal tax return on let's say on day 1, and then the amended return #1 on day 2 and the second amended return on day 7, in all cases, I got emails from turbotax that they were "accepted".  I haven't found any other way of confirming that the efiles were successful. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can Check the Electronic Postmark of your Return. Pay close attention to the separate lines for Federal and State. They are separate statuses.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies