turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When filing taxes, this year me and my husband filed married filing joint. Do I need to link our TurboTax accounts?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

When filing taxes, this year me and my husband filed married filing joint. Do I need to link our TurboTax accounts?

No, you can't link the accounts.  We protect your accounts with the latest technology for privacy and security. Unfortunately, this doesn’t allow a safe and secure way to merge or link accounts.

Just keep track of your user IDs and passwords for each account.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

No, you can't link the accounts.  We protect your accounts with the latest technology for privacy and security. Unfortunately, this doesn’t allow a safe and secure way to merge or link accounts.

Just keep track of your user IDs and passwords for each account.  

Okay! So do I need to file our taxes on my husbands account to or just on mine?
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You only need to file 1 joint return and use that same account in the future.  No return needs to be filed from your husband's account since you both filed jointly on your account.   But you need to keep the info in case he needs to access previous returns.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies