turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What would be the principal business code for internet retail sales? All the retail codes seem to relate to "stores." I'm thinking 454113 Mail Order Houses?Your thoughts?

I don't have a brick and mortar location.  All sales are made through my website, and items purchased are shipped. I never see my customers. My products are wellness related, so I also thought 446190 - Other health and personal care stores, if an online presence is considered a "store."  

And the other question I have is - how much does accuracy matter with regards to entering the proper code?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardK

What would be the principal business code for internet retail sales? All the retail codes seem to relate to "stores." I'm thinking 454113 Mail Order Houses?Your thoughts?

You could use either 454113 or 446190 or 999999.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RichardK

You could use either 454113 or 446190 or 999999.

You can use 454110 (Electronic Shopping and Mail order)

I am not sure why this is crossed out but I wrote "You can use 454110 (Electronic Shopping and Mail Order)

You accidentally hit the line out on the option bar right above the text box.  I think it's the S with a line through it  S .  I do it all the time.

On the Zoom Worksheet for business code in Turbo Tax it says not to use a non-store retail code but rather to choose the code for store retailers that corresponds to your principal product category.  So, ignore that you are not a store and just focus on what you sell to choose a code.  And no, what you choose has no importance for you personally, that I can discern.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies