turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What time will the 1040 form be available tomorrow?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Also how can I check if I qualify for a early advance on my refund?

The Form 1040 should be available to file by mail on 01/02/2020 after noon Pacific time, subject to change.  The Form 1040 for e-filing should be available on 01/03/2020 after noon Pacific time, subject to change.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for an Advance on a 2019 tax refund - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/01/27333

.....Annd...if you do e-file Friday, your file will just sit on a TTX serveruntil the IRS starts processing the files (you cannot stop it once you submit) .   You will not get the "advance" until the IRS actually accepts your tax file....and that will not happen for a couple weeks yet.  Probably, somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd week of January  (though they usually pull a very few test files earlier).

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

And don't file early! Last year (for 2018) the IRS put out some late changes and some early filers got tax due notices after they got their refund. Also if you file in an early batch they get stuck in processing and might even take longer to get your refund.

And you should wait because you might get a late W2 or 1099 in the mail. They have until Jan 31 to send you the tax forms. Or they may send you a corrected W2 or 1099 even later.

Recognizing that you @kjscottblue are using the Self-Employment online version and may not be an employee of a company, nevertheless other folks may read these answers.

So, in  case someone else reads these answers, for those employees who have various company-sponsored benefits, the Form W-2 is very likely not going to have the same numbers reported for taxable wages or taxable salary as it appears now on your last paycheck.  It is a risk that you take by using the last paycheck stub.  IF the numbers differ, you will run the risk of the IRS sending you an inquiry and you then having to learn how to follow the arcane and difficult process of filing an Amended Return Form 1040X.   It happens every year.  Just a suggestion - if you are an employee with company-sponsored benefits that might change the W-2 form the paycheck stub.

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies