turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

woptang22

Reject Code REJ002. I received an email with the code I just posted. My Pennsylvania return was rejected. I'm not sure why or how to fix it. Any help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Reject Code REJ002. I received an email with the code I just posted. My Pennsylvania return was rejected. I'm not sure why or how to fix it. Any help?

Just submit it again. I got this the first time with no explanation on how to fix it. After submitting it again with no changes it was accepted the next day.

I find that very unhelpful.  Yes it may 'fix' and get paid. but I got this error, and my return dropped by $770, but no info on why, or even what happened the first time. And I paid 120~ for this service.

My return did the same thing! Went from $1,078 to $448 when i went to "fix my return". No answers from TurboTax yet!

What state are you in? I am in Oregon

Same thing happening to me. Federal accepted but Oregon: Reject Code REJ002. Then when I select "Fix" it changes from OR paying me $383 to I owe them $118... yet when i go back "home" it goes back to Im getting $383 back from state... what the heck??
oott1979

I also got this error for my Oregon return. I didn't notice any changes in my refund when I refiled to "fix" the issue, though.

I figured it out, not thanks to turbo tax itself.  When i inspected the tax forms themselves for Oregon, on the tax deduction worksheet, they implanted a number that i have no idea where it came from onto the "taxes paid" line, that clearly says, "Do not include Oregon Income Tax".  When i removed that, the new return amount came up.  

With this service costing me 130 in total, i expected intuit to be upfront and actually tell me what went wrong, especially if it was a mistake on their end with their system.  And it seems from these comments, at least for Oregon, its becoming a common one.

So was the amount that you were originally advised for your state refund correct? (for me it said that OR would pay me $383) or was the total that popped up once you selected “fix my return” (in my case said now I owe the state money) the correct amount?

the second amount is "more correct".  Your "Home screen" value might change when you actually File your Oregon tax return  (or it might not...too soon  to know what will actually show on your home screen on the re-e-file)

But guys...you are stealing this thread from a person with a PA issue...!

All you Oregon folks really need to exit this one and start a new Question...don't tack onto some poor soul's state that may have nothing to do with yours..please.

Her's a couple Oregon threads.:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4562833-the-refund-i-see-at-the-top-of-my-screen-for-my-state-or-d...>

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4561312-why-was-oregon-state-taxes-rejected-and-readjusted">https:...>

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Im in minnesota and getting the same rejects. I called turbotax and they said that when the reject comes back, to file by mail, and printoff the finished form and to mail it off. It seems theres a bug within the e-file system.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies