Solved: What is the Turbotax security device

What is the Turbotax security device

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what does the "security device enclosed" mean?  it's on the CD case I bought from Costco. I didn't open it yet. I thought it should be a security code/key inside the CD case which you can apply it when you launch the app. But it said "device" I am confused... I was going to pass the code to my son and let him to use it, but if the key is a phisical "device", then I will have to mail it to him which is not option for me.

Please help me to idetify it.

Thanks in advance

James  

What is the Turbotax security device

"security device enclosed"

That is an anti theft item that costco uses to stem theft of the product ... when you buy it the cashier deactivates it.  

What is the Turbotax security device

Never heard of that.  I think it's a Costco thing for shoplifting.  Ask Costco.  

What is the Turbotax security device

"security device enclosed"

What is the Turbotax security device

What is the Turbotax security device

I called wherehouse store and confirmed the answers. It is a anti theft thing for shoplifting.

Thank you all for your answers and helps

James