Solved: What is the Standard Deduction of $6,300 ? I feel like I am getting too much back and I'm nervous theres an error.

What is the Standard Deduction of $6,300 ? I feel like I am getting too much back and I'm nervous theres an error.

I am filing single, and independent for the first time.

Your standard deduction is a set amount that lowers the amount of income you are taxed on.  It is not a refund that you get back.  If this is your first time to file a tax return without being claimed as someone else's dependent, you get a $4050 personal exemption and your $6300 standard deduction.  That means the first $10,350 of your earnings are not being taxed.