Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What if someone is trying to get into my account? I've gotten three emails saying I've requested a password change and I'm not the one doing it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

What if someone is trying to get into my account? I've gotten three emails saying I've requested a password change and I'm not the one doing it

We take the security of your account very seriously and want to assure you that securing the data you have entrusted us with is of utmost importance to us.  Our password reset process asks for either User ID or Email address as its first step, this can allow for customers to inadvertently type a user id or email address that is similar to their own or one they believe is their own. Once the login information is entered, as part of the next step, a request is sent to the email address attached to the account.  I would ask that you please sign into your account to verify everything is OK

Please see this FAQ for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5749946

I received 29 emails today with the reset password link in less than 2 minutes, also got a survey from quickbooks saying how did we do? Would rate Us. Bla bla bla. I hope no one is using my info   Or logged into my account 

As with any other account you should log into the account (not thru any link in the email) and check your account ... changing your password may be wise.  Also make sure your contact info is up to date and the 2 step verification is turned on.  If you have another email address you may wish to change to it. 

But 29 times sounds like some fool is frustrated since they must have accidentally entered your email into their account and YOU keep getting the reset email instead of them.  Eventually they figure it out and the emails stop.  

The best thing to do is turn on two-factor authentication.

Several other sites I'm on that involve money are making this mandatory.

I believe that’s the Reason why whoever was trying to log in to my account couldn’t because I have that 2 steps verification on. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies