Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What happened to quickemployerforms.intuit.com?

What happened to quickemployerforms.intuit.com?  To continue with unlimited access to TurboTax Quick Employer Forms, it directs me to using 2018 TurboTax Home & Business, which I already have, but I cannot locate where to create a 1099-MISC.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The Windows  Desktop Home & Business program and the separate Business program can prepare them either way, Online using Quick Employer Forms -or- on your computer using the built in W2/1099 Reporter.  The Mac Desktop Home & Business program only has the online Quick Employer Forms.

In the Window's Home & Business Desktop program to Prepare W2s or 1099s, click the big blue button to Start a New Return or go up to File-New Tax Return.
Then on the next screen it asks What would you like to do?

If you get a screen with 2 choices, Check the second circle that says Prepare W-2s and 1099s for my employees or contractors.  Then that will expand and give you a choice to prepare them online or on your computer.

If you get a screen that says Continue your Tax Return and a box listing your returns then go up to FILE - New Tax Return again and you should get a box to pick the type of return you need to prepare.  Pick US Forms W-2/1099 Reporter.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

The Windows  Desktop Home & Business program and the separate Business program can prepare them either way, Online using Quick Employer Forms -or- on your computer using the built in W2/1099 Reporter.  The Mac Desktop Home & Business program only has the online Quick Employer Forms.

In the Window's Home & Business Desktop program to Prepare W2s or 1099s, click the big blue button to Start a New Return or go up to File-New Tax Return.
Then on the next screen it asks What would you like to do?

If you get a screen with 2 choices, Check the second circle that says Prepare W-2s and 1099s for my employees or contractors.  Then that will expand and give you a choice to prepare them online or on your computer.

If you get a screen that says Continue your Tax Return and a box listing your returns then go up to FILE - New Tax Return again and you should get a box to pick the type of return you need to prepare.  Pick US Forms W-2/1099 Reporter.

TurboTax Business, Home&Business [both desktop products] and online Self-Employed versions all have the capability to directly create Forms W-2 and 1099-MISC, with the Copy A of the 1099 and the transmittal cover page Form 1096 being electronically submited, which avoids the hassle of the red-inked paper copy needed for the IRS to scan if you were to have instead sent paper.

Other versions of TurboTax do not have this capability and the offering then, the alternative, is QEF

See Here:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900412-how-do-i-create-w-2-and-1099-forms-in-turbotax

Here are some screen shots from TurboTax Business

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.

I followed the link, but it does not help me find out exactly how to do it.  Can you please be more specific?
rickkolow

The page that used last year to create and file my 1099-MISC forms was using TurboTax Quick Employer Forms

Found here: https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/businessHome.htm

For months now it is saying: "TurboTax Quick Employer Forms is not available - TurboTax Quick Employer Forms will be back soon..."

Last year I used this and has all of my contractors setup. I would like to start working on them now. What is going on with this ability as I used Turbo Tax last year and paid for it and have my login but find no way to get to this information or place to setup more people.

Please help!

Rick

I think I saw a post saying Nov 23

*All dates are subject to change 

November

November 3, 2020 TurboTax Advantage download available
November 4, 2020 TurboTax Download available on TurboTax website, retailers can start selling downloads
November 17, 2020 CDs available in stores
November 23, 2020

Quick Employer Forms launch

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Dates are always subject to change and expect the new 1099-NEC form ( replaces  old 1099-misc box 7) to be delayed a bit longer.  None can be efiled until after the first of January. 

I went from page to page. I then found one blue link that said start.

@Best Green Current This thread has had no activity since 2020.  What are you trying to do?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

this is the most direct and shortest match to my question. thank you.

I agree wholeheartedly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies