Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

What does accessed mean?

@fumando360

In this context, "accessed" means that your account has been logged into, or a return has been opened.

If you logged into your TurboTax account and opened your return, then you accessed the information and therefore that is the reason for the email you received.

The TurboTax system automatically sends you an email whenever your account has been logged into, or when a return is opened.

If you want to see your account activity, please see the TurboTax Help article How can I check the activity in my TurboTax account? for guidance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dtz420

What does accessed mean?

What’s accessed mean

What does accessed mean?

What does accessed mean

What does accessed mean?

I received the notice my account (3 years returns) were accessed and gave a number to call at TurboTax.  But nobody in support works on the weekends.  I now have a possible identity theft because TurboTax was hacked and I am waiting around.  

What does accessed mean?

Does that mean I'm getting my stimilus check 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

What does accessed mean?

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM PT Monday through Friday.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

You can use this IRS tool to check the status of your stimulus payment.  Get My Payment     @valerieperea91

Melissa32

What does accessed mean?

Does this mean my taxes are done 

Melissa32

What does accessed mean?

Where is my federal refund

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

What does accessed mean?

Did you complete the three step process to finish filing in TurboTax? Under the File menu on the left, you will complete. To verify if your return was completed and transmitted, you should see a progress screen when you log into TurboTax. You should also have received email confirmation when the return was filed and accepted by the IRS.

You can also track the progress through the IRS Check My Refund Status tool found in the link below.

IRS Check My Refund

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

What does accessed mean?

@1Elbert R Turner

You replied on an old thread and did not post a question. Is there something we can assist with?

Maryperk2020
Returning Member

What does accessed mean?

What does accessed mean

What does accessed mean?

Anytime a change has been made to your account or your tax data has been downloaded, Turbo Tax will notify you in order to make sure that only you have accessed your secure Turbo Tax information.

Learn more about how Turbo Tax safeguards your data and information here https://turbotax.intuit.com/best-tax-software/secure-online-tax-prep/

What does accessed mean?

Is this accessed going to affect my taxes?

What does accessed mean?

It is a security message to confirm that you've logged into your account, usually on a different device than you did previously.  Turbo tax  automatically sends a message to inform you that your account has been accessed, your tax return was downloaded, etc.  If it wasn't you, then you should contact TurboTax, but if all is well, you can ignore the message.  It will not have any affect on your tax return.

@Johnpaster5115

What does accessed mean?

What does accessed mean 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies