acacia-tatro

What do I do if my employers E-ID was issued after the tax year and my return was rejected?

jbeasley2

If you return is rejecting with error code FW2-505-01, Form W-2, Line B Employer EIN was issued after the Tax Year then you will have to mail in a paper return for this year because the IRS can't process it electronically..

jbeasley2

elifint

tigergoody

So I need to mail in the federal taxes.  I assume the same for state returns.  I am doing taxes for my daughter who is a Michigan resident but lives and works in Illinois.  I had to do 2 state returns and I paid intuit $50 to efile her state returns ($25/ea) and now I will have to mail them in.  I should receive back the $50 efiling correct?

DanielV01

We can't address billing or refunds in this public forum.  For assistance with this, you would need to contact customer service:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

jerrycrosby77

My 2021 federal tax return rejected with error code FW2-505-01.  Is it still true that I need to file a paper return? It sure would save a lot of work for me and the IRS (and the state dept of revenue) if my return can be processed electronically. Thanks!

HeatherPLO

@jerrycrosby77

For Rejected returns with this code, please see the Help Article here to assist you with correcting and resubmitting your return.