turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do if my employers E-ID was issued after the tax year and my return was rejected?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jbeasley2

What do I do if my employers E-ID was issued after the tax year and my return was rejected?

If you return is rejecting with error code FW2-505-01, Form W-2, Line B Employer EIN was issued after the Tax Year then you will have to mail in a paper return for this year because the IRS can't process it electronically..

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3401713

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jbeasley2

If you return is rejecting with error code FW2-505-01, Form W-2, Line B Employer EIN was issued after the Tax Year then you will have to mail in a paper return for this year because the IRS can't process it electronically..

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3401713

tigergoody
Returning Member

So I need to mail in the federal taxes.  I assume the same for state returns.  I am doing taxes for my daughter who is a Michigan resident but lives and works in Illinois.  I had to do 2 state returns and I paid intuit $50 to efile her state returns ($25/ea) and now I will have to mail them in.  I should receive back the $50 efiling correct?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

We can't address billing or refunds in this public forum.  For assistance with this, you would need to contact customer service:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My 2021 federal tax return rejected with error code FW2-505-01.  Is it still true that I need to file a paper return? It sure would save a lot of work for me and the IRS (and the state dept of revenue) if my return can be processed electronically. Thanks!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@jerrycrosby77

For Rejected returns with this code, please see the Help Article here to assist you with correcting and resubmitting your return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies