Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What do i do if i didnt receive a 1099G for unemployment

You open this website, provide your unemployment benefit ID claim and some personal information which is the same information applied in your connect account and request to send 1099G through email or mail

https://1099grequest.myflorida.com/

LYNETTELEENAY
Returning Member

where do i put in the info from 1099-g

@LYNETTELEENAY wrote:

where do i put in the info from 1099-g

The Form 1099-G is used for many different types of income.  Why did you receive the 1099-G?

I made a call to DEO regarding my 1099G on Monday March 8 and I was given an email address(1099GREQUEST.MY FLORIDA .COM).  Since the 8th I have gone on the site 2x to make a request to have it sent by mail and email.  I'm not sure what to do if I do not receive in time to file my taxes.

Please advise - Thank You - Jeanette LaVorgna 

[email address removed]

[phone number removed] / [address removed]

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

What kind of 1099-G are you trying to get?

@Jeanette5671

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unemployment website for Florida states it mailed out 1099-G at end of January 2021. I have not seen it in the mail nor been able to print it out on the unemployment website. I can't finish my 2020 taxes without the 1099-G from the state of Florida. I have not received any notices from anyone concerning the availability of the 1099-G. I'm I the only one experiencing this situation?

Yes, I've done that myself .Just like you, I did it twice and still waiting. Not sure what's the hold up?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@rnegron599, in this case, the only thing you could do is to check with the government agency that made the payments to you. I would suggest trying to locate a contact number for them. 

The good news here is, per the IRS, the federal income tax filing due date for individuals for the 2020 tax year will be automatically extended from April 15, 2021, to May 17, 2021.

Please let us know if this helps.

lilmoya46

this has nothing to do with the question. the question is what if they don't sent you the form

Keep in mind, 1099-G form is every important to anyone who are receiving or received unemployment benefit in 2020 and later, because:

a. Unemployment benefit is taxable and you have to show it as your unearned-income in your tax return 2020

b. Due to CARES update on March 2021, people who received unemployment benefit will get tax exempt for the first $10,200 from total unemployment benefit  which mean you may not pay any tax if your total unemployment benefit in 2020 is under $10,200 and you may reduce (get more refund) if you paid the Federal Tax Withheld for your unemployment benefit already

How to get the 1099-G

1. On unemployment website (Connect account) - you need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to open pdf file so that you can download directly from your account

2. If you cannot download form Connect account, open www.floridajobs.org, click on the banner " Chat with Us", a chat box pop-up, ask some of your last four digits of SS, name, phone number, address, Connect account ID number and then a real person will chat and help you how to get your 1099G or anything related to your unemployment benefit, pending issue, backdate payment ....ect.

Goodluck to everyone

BarbTF

I have experienced exactly the same problem, and I have not changed my address so it cannot be that my 1099 was sent to the wrong address.  I have requested that it be sent following instructions, multiple times.  I have yet to receive it.  I have tried the phone numbers and after a long voice menu, it says they are too busy to answer calls and hangs up on me.  I am beyond frustrated too, and have no idea what to do.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@BarbTF You would need to keep trying to call them to request a copy be sent out. It is usually the best to call as early in the morning as you can, to avoid high wait times. 

I finally got it, and it was there since they made it available in the end of January. Let me tell you how, when I went to the page in the website (Unemployment site) just before  you click on the year 2020 to get your 1099-G, look up and  allow pop ups and by doing so it showed up. I believe I read it by googling about how to obtain my 1099-G. So, I tried it and was able to obtain my 1099-G. Also, they finally emailed me with the 1099-G I was looking for from the state of Florida. I hope this info. helps.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You can also sign in to your unemployment CONNECT account and retrieve the 1099-G from there.   

BarbTF

It is not there.  There is no 2020 clickable link.  I do have a message in my inbox (that has been there since I first applied for unemployment) that they are unable to verify my identity...maybe that is why but I have NO idea how to resolve that, and they do not answer their phone or respond to my emailed requests...believe me, I have tried everything, multiple times, since January.  I suppose my next step is to contact my state representative and see if they are able to assist in some way.  I wish your advice was helpful--but it does not work for me.  Hopefully it will work for some others who cannot find their 1099 for unemployment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies