That was a big mistake. Your return will probably be rejected when the IRS starts to reject/accept returns on Jan. 27. You will have to delete that wrong W-2 and use only 2019 income on the 2019 tax return.
If the IRS accepts it, post back and we will help with the mess you have to fix.
If your return has been accepted, you will need to amend it when that option is available.
You won't be able to amend your 2019 tax return until mid-February, or after you get your refund, whichever comes later.
This is how you do it in Turbo Tax Online:
- Sign in to your Turbo Tax account.
- Scroll down to Your tax return & documents, click Show on the right.
- Select 2019 and then click Amend (change) return.
- Once you get to the screen that asks what you need to change, select W-2 forms. Delete the 2018 W-2 form by clicking the little trash can icon on the right.
- Carefully follow the instructions to finish your return. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns. If you will get more money back by amending, the refund box will show you the amount. If you owe, some money, the amount will show in red.
- When finished, follow the instructions for printing and mailing your amended return as amendments can't be e-filed.
Even though your have to wait until you get your original refund to do this amended return, you should be aware that your refund will change when you correct your return. You may need to pay back part of your first refund, if you received too much.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
No. Once you e-file you cannot get it back. Sorry Wait to see if it is accepted or rejected.