Using Tubotax Deluxe 2018...Federal return prepare...

gwleitner

Using Tubotax Deluxe 2018...Federal return prepared and filed ok on 10/8/19. Cannot file CA return due to need to update forms? How do I meet the extension deadline?

If you are using the downloaded version you must update the program before you can efile another return .... BEFORE you to make sure to save a PDF & .taxfile of the return  on a removable storage device like a thumb drive just in case the update changes the federal return. 

And Try this,  You first need to update your program with the federal efile status.  Go up  to FILE - Electronic Filing - Check Electronic Filing Status.  Then save your return, go to FILE - SAVE.  Then close your return and reopen it and go though the File TAB again to file state.

gwleitner

Tried this and got same error message:

TurboTax CA filing error.JPG

gwleitner

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Problem was solved by downloading the entire CA state program again.

Cheers

George

KlisterKid

As with all the preceding replies, I wonder if TT updated your CA forms. If you think TT has a problem (and I have found quite a few), call support.