turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gwleitner

Using Tubotax Deluxe 2018...Federal return prepared and filed ok on 10/8/19. Cannot file CA return due to need to update forms? How do I meet the extension deadline?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Using Tubotax Deluxe 2018...Federal return prepared and filed ok on 10/8/19. Cannot file CA return due to need to update forms? How do I meet the extension deadline?

If you are using the downloaded version you must update the program before you can efile another return .... BEFORE you to make sure to save a PDF & .taxfile of the return  on a removable storage device like a thumb drive just in case the update changes the federal return. 

And Try this,  You first need to update your program with the federal efile status.  Go up  to FILE - Electronic Filing - Check Electronic Filing Status.  Then save your return, go to FILE - SAVE.  Then close your return and reopen it and go though the File TAB again to file state.

gwleitner

Tried this and got same error message:

TurboTax CA filing error.JPG

gwleitner

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Problem was solved by downloading the entire CA state program again.

Cheers

George

As with all the preceding replies, I wonder if TT updated your CA forms. If you think TT has a problem (and I have found quite a few), call support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies