Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

derek43
Returning Member

Underwriter blocking mortgage because of missing schedule 1 after seeing 0. on 1040 line 8

I am trying to refinance my home. The underwriter is refusing to move forward until I provide a schedule 1, except I had no schedule 1 in my taxes.

I had to submit my taxes for last year to the underwriter. I downloaded my tax form by navigating to Documents and clicking "Download tax PDF". I received a copy of a Form 1040 page 1 and page 2, schedule 2 page 1 and page 2, and state tax forms.

On the 1040 line 8: Other income from Schedule 1, line 10 entry shows a 0.

They are blocking the mortgage because there is a missing schedule 1, according to them.

The three other documents in the folder are:

1099-R

1098-E

W2

Can anyone explain why the 0. is there and help me understand what I'm missing?
If I am missing a form, where do I find it, or if the 0. is a TurboTax software artifact, is there a document I can submit to the bank saying that?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Underwriter blocking mortgage because of missing schedule 1 after seeing 0. on 1040 line 8

You might want to contact Support for this.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

so if the line was blank, they would be OK with it, but since the line has a zero, they need to see schedule 1? This sounds like a problem with the underwriter, not with the tax program.

In any case, one of the ways this problem could be solved, is for you to obtain a copy of TurboTax to install on your own computer. You can then switch to forms mode and print any form you like, even if the form is blank or has no information on it.

One way to get the desktop program is to follow the instructions to amend your tax return. As part of the amending process, you will download a special amend-only version of the desktop program.  Then, you download your tax data file from TurboTax online and open it with the desktop program.  This may allow you to print the form from Forms mode without actually making an amended return. Another way to get a copy of the desktop program would be to talk to customer support and explain that you already paid for TurboTax online and explain why you need a copy of the desktop program. Then you would download your tax data file to your computer and open it using the desktop program.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Click this link to download a PDF of the 2022 Schedule 1 from the IRS web site. When you open the PDF on your computer you can type information into the form. Enter your name and Social Security number at the top, and enter zero on lines 1 through 10. That's your Schedule 1. Print the filled-in form and give it to the underwriter.

germ83

Hi, I have been unable to use TurboTax Desktop for several times now. Tried different VPNs, reboot the Internet  - it doesn't help to access the site. It still says: "The service is not available". Then I got in with some attempt, I don't know how. Is it just me? I read on uablocklist, which performs the function of monitoring internet governance, keeping a close eye on legislative actions affecting freedom and privacy on the internet, it is quite possible that some websites, could be subjected to regulatory restrictions or blockades

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you continue to have problems, please call Customer Service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies