Unable to efile taxes after extension

Unable to efile taxes after extension

Hi, I filed an extension with TurboTax for both state and federal returns in April and paid more than I owed to avoid penalties. I also received confirmation emails indicating both extensions were approved. I had everything saved in TurboTax thinking that I can come back and finish before October 15 deadline.

Now I'm trying to file my taxes but after logging in, I don't see anything regarding filing my taxes for 2018. It's showing that my state taxes were e-filed and accepted which is not true because I only filed for an extension. For federal it doesn't even show anything. There's an option to "amend" my return but that doesn't sound like the right option since I haven't filed yet. There's an option to download my return but it just errors out all the time. I started thinking that something is screwed up with my account. Could I be missing something? Anyone else seeing similar problems?

Here is what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 10.47.34 PM.png

Thanks a lot. 

Unable to efile taxes after extension

That's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

Unable to efile taxes after extension

@VolvoGirl  Thanks for your response. I just tried the account recovery with my email and phone number but ended up with the same account every time. Doesn't look like I have more than one account. I've been using this account since 2011 and I can see/download previous years' data fine. Only 2018 is broken.

Unable to efile taxes after extension

Any solutions to this one? Having the same problem here. 

Unable to efile taxes after extension

If you filed an extension for a tax year prior to 2019, you can no longer efile. The deadline has now passed. You must print and mail the return. Be sure you are using a downloaded version of the software, as TurboTax Online is available for the current tax year, 2019, only. If you filed an extension for 2019, the normal filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020. You should still be able to efile for the 2019 tax year only.

Unable to efile taxes after extension

IM JUST FILING 2018.  NY REQUIRES EFILE, BUT THAT OPTION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE WITH TURBO TAX.  

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I KNOW I CAN MAIL HARDCOPY FOR FEDERAL,  BUT NOT FOR NY STATE.