Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pravica

Unable to download Turbotax 2022 which I purchased

Hello: 

Early last year, I purchased Turbotax 2022 (CD) at Costco.  I downloaded it to my computer and successfully completed my taxes.  However, I need to amend these taxes to account for a 1099-NEC that I received a year late.  My computer was updated to Windows 10  and I lost my installed version of Turbotax though I still have the CD.   I tried to download this onto my computer unsuccessfully.  When I type in the code, I received the following message:  "This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."  So, when I try to access the download, I see it appear in the "Downloads" section of my account but I have NO button with which to down load it.  Here is what I see in the "Downloads" section:

"TURBOTAX DESKTOP DELUXE TAX YEAR 2023 WIN DOWNLOAD CMV RTL PURCH

License code:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Save this - you'll need to enter it during installation  Copy code

TURBOTAX DESKTOP DELUXE TAX YEAR 2022 AUDIT DEFENSE 1040 FED & STATE

Can you help me?  I've been using Turbotax for more than 20 years.  I don't want to have to seek a new tax software provider.   <------ Note NO "Windows download" link.   "

I have been using Turbotax for more than 20 years.  I really don't want to find another tax software.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Can you click on Windows Download? If this doesn't work, you will need to contact Customer Service.

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SandyF

I have a similar issue. I have Turbo Tax 2022. After many tries I  finally found it but it only includes one of the two different people I filed for.  Every time I download it gets downloaded as TaxFile which does not open at all.

I need to find my second tax file which I prepared last year and be able to open it and copy it.  The 2022 Turbo Tax is pinned to my taskbar but does not include both files. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You should have a TurboTax program file that installs the software, and the tax files (.tax20XX) are the actual tax returns that can be opened up using the software.   If you saved last year's return to your computer as a tax data file, you can find it by following the instructions for Mac or Windows:

Windows  (use this link if you have Windows)

Your tax data file (.tax file) is not the same thing as a PDF copy of your return.   A .tax file can only be opened in the TurboTax Desktop software.  Because it's stored locally on your computer, we can't retrieve tax data files prepared in the TurboTax Desktop software.   E-filing doesn't keep a copy of your return on our servers.

TurboTax can save your tax return as a tax data file (also called a tax file, data file, or a .tax file) and as a Portable Document Format (PDF).

• Your tax data file can be opened, read, and edited in TurboTax.
  • Your PDF is a noneditable "snapshot" of your tax return that can be opened, read, and printed in a PDF viewer program.   @SandyF 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies