Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bulkhed

Unable to download and install 2023 turbotax home and business. Keeps only downloading the deluxe version even with the correct disk installed

Tried a download then tried a CD.  Same problem.  Uninstalled the 2023 deluxe version, tried installing the Home and Business but keeps just loading the Deluxe version.  Really don't understand whats going on.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Unable to download and install 2023 turbotax home and business. Keeps only downloading the deluxe version even with the correct disk installed

To make sure TurboTax runs smoothly:

I need help installing my software

I need help updating my software

I got a Microsoft Installer error

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Oh you have 2 versions?  Why?  Here's how to activate a different version. There is a way to have 2 licenses.  You don't need to install the second version, just enter the License Code.   Under Help - Switch Product - Activate new product. Don't know what that will do or what benefit you will get. Don't think it will allow you to efile more than 5.

But you only needed to buy 1 version. The Desktop program can do unlimited returns and efile 5 for free. And All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.

bulkhed

Lo an behold.  Got a Home and Business disk from Costco. Cleaned out my previous good download of Deluxe 2023 with the TURBOTAX rep on the line because it kept saying another version already installed while trying to install the H&B.   It turns out the NEW H&B disk actually only contained a Deluxe Version of Turbotax not the H&B.  The tech was linked up and viewed the issue in real time.   A manufacturing issue it appears.  Stamped and packed the wrong label on the disk.  Went ahead and downloaded a regular business copy from Costco and it's fine.  Frustrating a bit.

SteveWW
Returning Member

Ditto!  Did you find a solution?

bulkhed

As found, it turns out that the H & B disk I got from Costco only had the Deluxe version on the disk not the Home and Business files.  The Intuit Tech Rep on the phone was able to watch this as it happened and confirmed the wrong label on the disk.  Returned to Costco.

Downloaded the Business File by itself online.  All works.

I still doubt that.  I think it still knew you had Deluxe on the computer first.  Did you try the Home & Business disk in another computer?

And as I might have said......You don't need to install the second program.  There is a way to have 2 licenses. Under Help - Switch Product - Activate new product.  And enter the License Code.  

bulkhed

Completely cleaned the Deluxe edition from all file locations by the Intuit Rep viewing.  Inserted the H&B disk, downloaded and installed and the final product was TurboTax Deluxe.

Regardless at this point we're now on tract with a standard Business package installed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies