Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Katrj
Returning Member

TurboTax sucks

I have used turbo tax for years.  This year had to file an extension unable to file my taxes online.  Error message” A server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.”  Called customer service 10 times each time the person on the phone acts as if they never have heard of such issue. Tells me clear cookies reset browser go to print documents etc etc.  still unable to file.  No resolution by turbo tax.  This is there issue and it’s obviously wide spread based on all the comments.  Crazy how they still want me to pay for a service that isn’t working and they won’t fix even to print and mail.  Fix your problem turbo tax !!!!  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

TurboTax sucks

Sounds very frustrating.   You mentioned "refund transfer"---if you were trying to pay your fees by having them deducted from your federal refund, you would not be able to file by mail.   You would have to pay the fees before you print and mail.  The fees are the same whether you e-file or mail it in an envelope.  The fee is for using the software to prepare the return; there is not an extra fee to e-file.   

Did you ultimately pay the fees and file by mail or is your problem still unresolved?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Katrj
Returning Member

TurboTax sucks

Obviously I wouldn’t be able to have my turbo tax fees taken out of my return if I mailed it.  But thank you for the wonderful insight.  No the issue is not resolved hasn’t been for months.  The real question is what is turbo tax doing about there issue?   Has the IT department been taking a vacation since tax day?   Or are they even looking into the huge problem that so many people are addressing?   I would really appreciate an answer to the problem and not sarcastic remarks by the responder.  

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax sucks

I would recommend making sure your program is updated and trying again.

If you are using the desktop version of the software, try the following to update your software:

1. Select the Online menu at the top
  2. Then select Check for Updates.

Once you have updated your software, try filing again.  You will either get a message saying your return was accepted or rejected.  Please see this link for steps to check your e-file status.

If the return is rejected, please refer to this link for guidance to fix a rejected return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax sucks

@Katrj   What Turbo Tax are you using?  The Online version or the Desktop installed program?  What fee or service are they asking you to pay?  The only fee in the Desktop program should be the $25 to efile a state return or you can print and mail state for free.  

Katrj
Returning Member

TurboTax sucks

Done that while on the phone with help center for hours multiple times.  They can’t even help.  Any other suggestions? 

TurboTax sucks

@Katrj We are not sure what else to suggest--you have not answered some of our questions--we still do not know if you were using online TT or the CD/download (and if so what version--Deluxe, Premier, Home and Business?)   We do not know if you have tried to file by printing and mailing.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Katrj
Returning Member

TurboTax sucks

Online personal.   Have called the help line 12 times and not positive outcome.  What else do you need to know.  I have done everything turbo tax has suggested.  Reading all the comments sounds as if multiple people are having the same issue with no outcome as well.  

TurboTax sucks

We do not know yet if you paid the fees and tried to print the return to file it by mail.

TurboTax sucks

And....are you using online Deluxe?  online Premium?  Are you using one of the online "Live" versions?  We cannot tell in the user forum what version you are using---there is nothing called "online personal."

TurboTax sucks

@Katrj   Try logging into your account from another computer.  Especially one that is not at your home and not on your internet.  Ask a friend or relative if you can use their computer.   You know you have to pay first even if you want to print and mail it.  Is it not letting you pay?  You need to pay with a credit card or debit card. 

How to pay the Online Fees. If you don't have a credit card you can get a prepaid VISA card at WalMart or somewhere.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/how-can-i-pay-for-my-turbotax-online-fees/00/27388

TurboTax sucks

@Katrj I agree with VolvoGirl----the suggestion to try logging in to your account on a different computer is worth a try.  You can log in to your online account from any computer that has internet access.   See if you can use someone else's computer to log in and e-file, or to print and mail -- on the chance that some glitch in your own computer is the source of your issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies