Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax screen "let's complete your purchase online, select Continue and we will connect to our secure online store to ......" Problem, "CONTINUE" does not work

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

45 Replies

Turbotax screen "let's complete your purchase online, select Continue and we will connect to our secure online store to ......" Problem, "CONTINUE" does not work

I found this answer from another user - run the Turbo Tax program as an Administrator.  After I did this, I was able to click the CONTINUE button and pay my state e-file fee with no issues.

How do I from within the Turbo Tax program click to run as an Administrator?
rginorio

In Windows10 hover over the Turbo Tax icon, right click, select More and you should see the option to Run as an Administrator.
dholmes_

Running as administrator worked for me, thanks.  Also, if you don't see "Run as administrator" when you right-click, press and hold shift then right-click.  It should provide more options one of the being the "Run as administrator" option

Hey thanks jengalaway! You saved my day! (yes it worked).

It took me several days and hours on the phone with Turbotax to finally figure out that I needed to Run as Administrator. For Windows 8, I had to right click the Turbotax Icon on my desktop and then click on properties (at the bottom), click the compatibility tab at the top and then check the box under Privilege Level that says "Run This Program As An Administrator".

Running as Administrator trick worked like a champ.  Thanks for saving the day.  Took me 3 mins vs the couple hours I have invested jacking with the "help" folks and fumbling around on my own.  Darn shame that TT wouldn't fix this glitch, or at least publish something "official" as a fix for their help desk people.
rmtaber

If you are running this app on a MAC, you can open the app with admin privileges as follows:
1) Right-click on the TurboTax app
2) select 'Show Package Contents'
3) navigate to Contents>MacOS> and find the TurboTax UNIX executable file
4) open a new finder window, go to your Utilities folder and open the Terminal app
5) type: "sudo " (note the space after sudo)
6) Drag the TurboTax UNIX executable file into the terminal window

this doesn't work for me.

I am having this issue with my 2020 Turbo tax.  I am running it as an administrator.  Any one has any other suggestions?  I have Windows 10.  Thanks.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried clearing your cache and refreshing to see if this helps? If you need help doing so click here for assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No this didn't help. 

Don't know if this is relative or not, but I had Task Manager displaying while having Turbo Tax open.  Turbo Tax appeared under the APPs when on the "File" page but when continue to  "How do you wan t to pay?" and click on "Charge My Credit Card", then TurboTax saves the return,  Turbo Tax is not displaying on the Task Manager when on  "Let's Complete Your PUrchase Online."  Is that functioning correctly?

Thank you

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to us directly for further assistance.  Contact us at the link here.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the exact same issue, I turned off antivirus, firewall, cleared cache, and run as administrator and have had no luck. I am using 2020 premier 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies