Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax requiring authentication code despite already being registered - 2022 Premier edition

Intuit is incompetent. This has been going on for over two years. After an update it requires the authentication code until you use them up. Fix the issue you dummies! Stop giving us bull**bleep** answers. No other software vendors do this. Once I use my last authorization code this year I'm switching to a different provider next tax season.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TurboTax requiring authentication code despite already being registered - 2022 Premier edition

Have you seen this FAQ?  It's old but might help.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every...

And, Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me to activate again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.  One person found to disable his virus scanner and firewall first and then it opened.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure it is well intentioned. However, what most people want from Intuit is some statement as to when this glitch will be fixed. We're not looking for bizarre work arounds that no other software providers require. Does Intuit have a timeline for actually resolving this issue? That is the crux of the matter.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies