Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Premium not showing running refund/owe information

I called TT customer support and even shared the screen. they were not helpful at all, just stating it should show up but somehow it didn't. Probably time to stop using turbo tax after 20 years :(

suniloza

Yes! That is one of the reasons I use that feature too! 

Removing this feature is a major step backward for the user experience. This was one of the key reasons I chose TT and remained loyal. Without it, I have to seriously reconsider whether TT remains the right tool for me.

@jay1211 The refund/taxes owed indicator was not removed from the online editions.  It is just not available for a few users.

User @mrk72 posted a solution which has worked for other users, if you scroll up the page on this thread and read their solution.

VH6
Level 1

How do I get that ticker back. I used the solution from @mrk72 and it didn't work for me. Infact I don't see anything on the top left now.

This is a major inconvenience and I will go through the pain to move on away from TT if it's not resolved promptly. 

LadyB12
Returning Member

Yeah, I've tried everything. Nothing works. Even the progress bar is gone now. This is so frustrating. Thanks for trying to help anyway. 

Bring it back!!!

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have done everything suggested in these posts, and the refund monitor is still not showing up. I also spent an hour on the phone with TurboTax and they claimed they have not heard any complaints about this problem.

Please call them so they know this is a huge problem!

Thank you for the suggestion.

First option which I did is, I entered just my W2 and went all the way to review and answered ALL the questions while going through. When review is completed then I saw the meter bar at the top where I saw how much I owe/get.

After that, I went back to Income and added all my 1099 one by one. 

Second option is to use desktop version which does not have this issue.

Third option is use phone app. One can enter W2 and 1099 online one by one and keep checking phone app  each time. Phone app shows meter bar at the top that shows amount they owe/get. This is more annoying option since you have to keep closing the app and reopening after adding each 1099. Somehow it was not refreshing right away for me. Also, there had been times where I had to close and reopen app a few times to see the change. Hence, I gave up on this option.

goodwinod

This doesn't seem to work for me.  When I click review on the left side, it just goes to the end of the tax form.

This does nothing...if I'm still in progress, selecting 'Review' tries to walk through all the stuff not done yet.  Duh...of course I'm not done yet...I want to see 'PROGRESS' and what I owe...so, naturally I wouldn't be done yet.  It's so simple...just show the darn number!  Been doing it for years, and 2023 it gets dropped?  C'mon man.

None of the solutions suggested work. This is beyond frustrating. I will be switching this year to another solution for myself (after more than 20 years) and my two kids. How pathetic - as if taxes weren't frustrating enough! 

This is ASININE!!! I've been using TurboTax since the 1990s for crying out loud. This year's version is abysmal. In addition to not seeing if I am getting a return or if I owe something, I can't search for forms in my return. For example, I keep getting prompted to complete a K-1 form when I don't have one! Can't delete the line item. Also, I was not able to delete a business expense category despite clicking on the trash can icon that is there specifically to delete this line item! This is the first time I have ever been frustrated using this formerly great tool. 

Also, not being able to select which version I want to use at the start of the process is annoying. I only had one option: Premium. 

Who the heck is running the show now... I'm coming off of my worst income year in almost a decade, this is not what I want to be dealing with right now. 

"The refund/taxes owed indicator was not removed from the online editions.  It is just not available for a few users."

Based on what exactly? Browser version? Operating System? This makes no sense... and is incredibly frustrating. 

ljc21

When I started my 2023 taxes a few weeks ago TT was displaying in the upper left header what was owed while moving through the tax process, now it is gone.  This was the best feature ever.  What a BAD MOVE!!  Not even asking your customers!!!  TT is going to lose a lot of loyal customers to this unwanted, not asked for change.  I probably won't use it next year if they don't fix this, honestly I might not even finish using it for 2023.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies